You do not need to be an athlete to benefit from sports massage therapy! The benefits can also help relieve the many day to day problems, repetitive strain injury, sprains, tension, fatigue, that everyone experiences. I work with a wide range of clients in assisting with preventive treatment and injury recovery. I work within the Swissphysio clinic at Tynemouth metro station and the Backyard Bike Shop in Ouseburn.
Regardless of your experiences in life, sport or exercise, whether you exercise socially or compete to an international level or do nothing at all, sports massage will have something to offer you.
- Greater range of flexibility
- Improved range of movement
- Improved sporting performance
- Improved self-awareness
- Functional muscle balance
- Improved fluid movement
- Pain reduction
- Greater energy
- Improved recovery
- Injury prevention
- Appropriate psychological stimulation – alertness, clarity, relaxation.
This can take place a few days to a few minutes before an event. It’s a great way to get the body and mind ready to perform to the best of its ability.
- Days to minutes pre-event
- Prepare athlete for competition
- Focus on specific muscles
This is a combination of both pre and post event massage. It will ready you for the next event by flushing out the muscles and preparing the tissue for the next event but can also assess for any injuries
- Prepare athlete for next event/half
- Helps to flush out and prepare muscle tissue for further work
This is the most common form of event massage. The main purpose is to bring the body back to pre event state by flushing the muscles and to identify any injuries that may need further attention.
- Performed after hard training or competition
- Ease tired muscles and prevent soreness
- Remove waste products
- Restores flexibility, resting muscle length and muscle tone
- Supports metabolic recovery
This is the most common form of massage for anyone, active or in active. The form of massage is used to relieve aches and pains and the stresses of day-to-day life, be it from the office, exercise, walking the dog or doing the garden. If you are experiencing tension then a good sports massage can relieve this and get you back to normal in no time.
- Weekly or bi-monthly
- Improve recovery time
- Ease muscle tightness
- Release holding patterns
- Reduce the potential for injury
If you run a sports team or club or have an event in which you need support then please get in touch. I regularly work events around the north east of England and at times on a voluntary basis for charity. I also provide massage therapy to Newcastle Falcons first team and the Tri England Elite North East Academy as well as a number of local sports clubs and teams. I do offer club discounts so please do get in touch for more information.
- Perform pre/inter/post event massage as and when requested
- Weekly/bi-weekly maintenance sessions on request
- Currently performing role at Newcastle Falcons.
Event cover –
- Pre/inter/post event massage to competitors
- Voluntary role will be performed for charities on request.
Soft Tissue Therapy is the management, manipulation and rehabilitation of soft tissues of the body including muscles, tendons and ligaments. It is applicable not just to sports people but to anybody wishing to guard against or recover from a soft tissue injury.
The techniques used by sports massage practitioners have been developed to ensure effective and efficient results are gained from each massage given. Soft Tissue Therapy may:
- Improve circulation and lymphatic flow
- Assist in the removal of metabolic waste
- Sedate or stimulate nerve endings
- Increase or decrease muscle tone
- Increase or decrease muscle length
- Remodel scar tissue when required
- Assist in mental preparation for sporting participation